Saturday, November 28, 2009

Continuing Pursuits of Education

I wanted to spin off this area for all pursuits of knowledge in my life, regardless of the topic.  And thus this begins...

...About myself briefly and why maybe I might be interesting...

I don't want to create a sob story, as I know others are in far worse predicament.  I came from humble backgrounds and always wanted to get an education, and now I'm doing it.  From high school, I started working in computers quite successfully, and I found a way to make the transition from work-to-school.  It is really a challenging adventure.

In my case, I found I was just rotting away, not really living life.  Then one day I left my work, and I said I'm going to go to college and study abroad.  And sure enough that is what I did: I completed the GE at a local community college, transferred to a state college, and did a 1-year study abroad in Asia.  I decided that I wanted to live life with passion, not just merely exist.  I didn't want to get older wondering what happened to my youth and wondering what I could have done in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment