Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Segment III GE in South Korea

In a California State University, you have to take general education curriculum to get an undergraduate degree.  These are divided into three segments, where Segment I and II can be completed at the community college.  Segment III, is upper division only, meaning the junior and senior years of one's education.  Segment III requires three courses covering culture, ethnic, and social diversity.

Well, what better way to get "culture, ethnic, and social diversity" than to travel to the actual country!  At SFSU, you can fulfill this requirement through a study abroad: http://www.sfsu.edu/~studyabr/CSUIPandSFStateBilateral/CSUIPAndSFStateBilateral.html.

So this is what I did, I traveled to Korea, and I had an amazing experience in not only understanding Korean culture (as it's changing and evolving), but also understanding American culture.  I also developed stronger research and analytical skills, and gained a deeper perspective into a fields of business, economics, anthropology as well as culture, politics, and history within East Asian region and how it relates to the developing changes in the world at large. 

Now, I can officially check this part of my requirements off, and open the door to new opportunities in life from this new understanding I gained in life from my voyage to Korea.





No comments:

Post a Comment